16 Jun 2015

Authors I Want To Read More Of

In a few days time, I have a post going up about my most read authors so far. I’ve read multiple books from a lot of different authors so I’m not going to share all of them in that post otherwise we’ll be here forever. Because of that, I thought it might be nice to talk about five authors I’d really like to read more of.

I should mention that all of these authors I have read at least two books from already and that none of them made the top read list. Let’s go.

Daphne Du Maurier
As I’m writing this post, I’m currently in Cornwall, which is where Daphne Du Maurier lived so it’s only fair that she was first on this list. I’ve read four of her books already and she’s one of my favourite authors, so I think I should read some more.

What am I reading next? Frenchman’s Creek.

Laurie Halse Andersen
I recently just met Laurie Halse Andersen and she was honestly the loveliest author ever so I really want to read more of her books now. I’ve read two already—Speak and Wintergirls.

What am I reading next? The Impossible Knife of Memory.

George Orwell
I have a bit of a hit and miss relationship with Orwell. I absolutely loved Animal Farm, but I hated 1984 when I first tried it and never ended up finishing. I’ve read three of his books in total, but I am going to get through them all someday.

What am I reading next? 1984…again.

Melina Marchetta
I’ve read three Melina Marchetta books already and I loved all of them so it seems only natural that I read more of hers.

What am I reading next? Looking for Alibrandi.

F. Scott Fitzgerald
Ah good ol’ Fitzgerald! I’ve read three of his books already, not including my rereads of Gatsby but I really love them. I know some people really aren’t fans, but I think he had such an interesting life and I’m interested seeing that in his books.


What am I reading next? The Beautiful and Damned.

What are some authors you'd like to read more from in the future?