23 Feb 2015

BOOK SHAME #4

Book Shame is a monthly post here on A Book So Fathomless where I pick out four books from my TBR jar, talk about them and then challenge myself to read them before the next post.

Let’s talk about how I went last month first!

I managed to finish both The Man in the Brown Suit and Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children – I liked them both. I also started Annette Vallon but I only got 106 pages in – I will be continuing it next month. Finally, Rags and Bones – I picked this up early this month then realized I hadn’t read most of the original tales that these were retelling so I decided to leave it for another time.

As for the ones I picked out for March…

1. All the Wrong Questions by Lemony Snicket
I’m sure you’re all aware of my love for the Series of Unfortunate Events books, so I’m happy that I can finally get around to this new series.

2. The White Queen by Philippa Gregory
I’ve owned this one for years now – I think about seven years or so and I still haven’t read it. I know there was a TV series adapted from this that looks amazing, so hopefully I can read this and then watch that.

3. Castle Dor by Daphne Du Maurier
I’ve been meaning to pick up another Daphne Du Maurier book since I finished Jamaica Inn in May (or something) last year but I didn’t know which to pick. To say I’m excited for this would be an understatement.

4. Charlotte Gray by Sebastian Faulks
I absolutely adore the movie adaptation of this book so I’m both super excited and a little terrified to finally read this.


So I think I’ve got a pretty good selection here for March. These are all books that I’ve genuinely been wanting to pick up for ages but just haven’t yet. Hopefully I can actually get to them all this month!