26 Dec 2014

Cover Comparison - Northanger Abbey

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Welcome back to yet another cover comparison done by the wonderful Ebony and I. Today we're doing Northanger Abbey here, and over on Ebony's blog we're looking at covers for The Raven Boys. Let's get started.



English Library
Ebony: This is probably one of my least favourite of these editions...I'm not a big fan of pink, and while this shade isn't too bad, it's just too girly for a classic...those colours aren't "classic" colours in my eyes.
Ely: I do think the pink is a little too bright for my liking, but I really, really love the pattern of the keys. I don’t know why, but I have this thing for keys on covers.

Headline
Ebony: Ooh! I've never seen this edition before - I like it! I love the simplicity of it and the font that "Jane" is written in.
Ely: This one is pretty, but I don’t know if it’s one I would actually buy though.

Little Books
Ebony: I really like the overall look of this cover, but I don't think it really suits the story...I could be mistaken though, as I haven't read Northanger Abbey yet.
Ely: I’ve seen this one in real life before, and it’s actually pretty nice. I’m not too fussed on the colours, except for the blue, but the text is amazing.

Penguin Edition
Ebony: This one is okay. It's simple, which I usually like and has a cute little illustration...I can't help feeling bored, however.
Ely: This one is cute, but the illustration looks a little strange to me. I really love the bright blue bow, but I think that’s probably all.

Random House
Ebony: I really like these editions! They're so cute! This is probably my least favourite of this edition as well, though. I just love all of the colours used in the other ones!
Ely: I am in love with these editions – they are just gorgeous! This isn’t my favourite one out of all of them, but I still really like it.

Signet Classics
Ebony: Purple is my favourite colour. So I should love this one. However, I do not. I don't know what it is, I'm just not a big fan of this one.
Ely: I love the shade of purple of this one and the text, but that’s it. I don’t know, there’s something weird about this.

Final thoughts
Ebony: This is hard...I actually feel similar about so many of these. There's not any that really stand out to me. I think I'd have to say that the Headline edition is my favourite, followed by the Little Books edition and finally the Random House edition.
Ely: Hm…it’s hard to pick favourites here! I think I’d have to say the Random House edition is my favourite, then the Little Books edition and then maybe the Headline edition. I don’t know!