1 Oct 2014

My October Reading Goals

Last week, the Top Ten Tuesday post was Top Ten Books On My 'Fall' TBR List which got me thinking. I don't usually pick themes for my monthly TBR's (when I actually do them) but October is a special month. It's Halloween, and while it's not a big deal here in Australia, I thought it would be a good month to have a theme for. It's not surprising to anyone as to what my theme will be- we're talking paranormal/creepy books.

October is also a month of exams for me (okay, I only have two but that's two more than I want) so I don't expect to read all of the books I've mentioned below but I just wanted to give myself some options. I know that I'm probably going to read other books too.

1. Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake - Ghosts, and it's supposed to be relatively scary (?). (Actually, this one wasn't bad. - C)
2. Antigoddess by Kendare Blake - The back of this book tells me that the content is too violent for people under the age of 15...let's see.
3. Grishma by Kelly Anne Blount - I don't actually know what this is about, but we got sent it for review ages ago.
4. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr - I've owned this for four years...I think it's time I read it. ( DON'T! THE REST OF THE SERIES DOENS'T FOLLOW THE FIRST BOOKKKKKK - C)
5. Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James - Rebecca sounds so lovely on Twitter and everyone adores her books.
6. The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff - Maggie Stiefvater reviewed this...need I say more? ( My face is a face of -_- Ely - C)
7. Mice by Gordon Reece - I've owned this one for years as well, it's time.
8. Hereafter by Tara Hudson - I bought this one for $5 so I don't have very high hopes for it, but I want to get it read.
9. Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black - Yes, this was a cover buy.
10. Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter - Friends who don't read a lot tell me that this is good.
11. Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow - I've had this one for ages too. ( Ah, I read this one but I never finished this series! - C)
12. The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson - I LOVED the first book, but I'm terrified to read this one as the third one isn't out yet.
13. The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - See above.
14. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer - No, I haven't read this yet. Yes, I know I should. (I know this isn't really 'creepy' but I just wanted to include it)
15. Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza - I think I've owned this for about a year now, so I think I should probably read it.

Fun fact - I already own all of these books which means, no buying for me! I don't really know which one to start with, so if you've read any of them tell me which was your favourite. *prepares to be bombarded with comments about Mara Dyer* Anyway, those are my October Reading Plans, now tell me about yours!

3 comments:

  1. Have you noticed that all these books are DARK AND SCARY LOOKING. I mean, that's great for Halloweenie and stuff, BUT STILL. Coincidence??????

    I've completely given up on planning monthly TBRs, it just NEVER happens because I'm a poop. But SCARLET! I'm currently reading that now (and will be currently reading it for the next month :P) (I also haven't read any of these btw)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lined these all up on my bookshelves, and oh my god- they pretty much all have black spines, it looks like it's just one massive book. Then, Anna and the French Kiss is just chilling beside them in all it's hot pink glory. It's beautiful, really.

      To be honest Val, I totally don't expect to stick to this at all but I like to kid myself into thinking that I will every time I make a TBR. It'd be nice to get through some of them though :) Good luck with Scarlet!!!

      x Ely

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your reading goals, Ely. :) I still really need to read Anna Dressed in Blood...I bought the first two books with Christmas money/gift cards at the start of the year and haven't even thought about picking it up yet...Antigoddess is on my TBR too.

    Ugh...the Wicked Lovely series....first series I gave up on. I hope you enjoy it though! I want to read Beautiful Malice after reading your review!

    I've never heard of The Replacement, but I reaaaally want to read Fiendish by the same author. I think it came out a month or so ago. I always want to add Hereafter onto my TBR on Goodreads because of that cover...and oh. my. god. Dance of Shadows. I've never seen that book or heard of it, but I NEED that cover in my life. Ooh, I want to read Alice in Zombieland.

    DON'T DO IT TO YOURSELF, ELY. DO NOT READ THE MADNESS UNDERNEATH OR THE EVOLUTION OF MARA DYER BECAUSE YOU WILL MAKE YOURSELF CRAZY WAITING FOR BOOK 3.

    ReplyDelete